Change the security question
- Sign in to AppleId.Apple.com.
- In the Sign In and Security section, select Account Security.
- Under Security Questions, change the security question.
- Select the new security question and answer, then select Update.
- Enter your Apple ID password and then select Done.
How do I reset my Apple Security questions without sufficient information?
How to fix the “Not enough information to reset security question” errorError
- Go to the Apple ID Recovery website. Simply type iforgot.apple.com into your browser.
- Next, enter your email or Apple ID.
- You will then need to verify your identity.
- Then click on the “I need to reset my security questions” button.
How do I change my security questions for Privacy or app lock or safe?
Go to Settings>Fingerprint, face and password(Face and password)(Fingerprints and passwords)(Security)>For privacy and app encryption, click Disable Privacy Password. Next, reset the lock screen and privacy password to change the security question.
Can I call Apple support?
Apple’s main customer support phone number is 1-800-275-2273 in the United States. You can also contact Apple Support via the Support website, Support app, or the Apple Store.
How do I turn off two step verification on Apple?
After enabling two-factor authentication, you may disable it for two weeks. After that period, you will not be able to disable two-factor authentication. To turn it off, open the confirmation email and click the link to return to your previous security settings.
Are security questions two factor authentication?
Secret questions such as “What was the name of your first pet?” and other secret questions. This is not 2FA, as it replaces the password. 2FA requires two elements to be entered in order to authenticate (log in). For example, you must enter your password and present your badge.
How long are you locked out of Apple ID?
If your Apple ID is locked because you forgot your password or secret question answer, you must wait 24 hours before unlocking your Apple ID.
How long does it take for Apple to reset Apple ID password?
Depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity, this may take several days or longer. Do I need to remember security questions? No, two-factor authentication does not require you to remember security questions.
Does Apple have a 24/7 support?
Apple Online Support provides the most comprehensive support information available from Apple. Apple Online Support includes software updates and utilities, technical support, and product information and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Can you live chat with Apple?
If you need assistance, Apple offers a variety of ways to get support for its products and services. One of them is Live Chat support. Live Chat allows you to contact Apple’s support team from your website using instant/live (real-time) messaging. Apple’s Live Chat offers a much faster response time than email.
How do you reset your icloud Password if you forgot your security questions?
Reset your Apple ID password in the Apple Support app on a borrowed device
- Open the Apple Support app on your borrowed Apple device.
- Tap Passwords & Security > Reset Apple ID password > Get started.
- Tap “Another Apple ID.”
- Enter your Apple ID and follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
Why does my phone keep asking for Apple ID verification?
Go to iPhone Settings > Turn off Messages (and FaceTime) and iMessage and FaceTime if they are not activated properly or are stuck on the activation screen. Now restart your iPhone and it will no longer ask for your Apple ID password. Once this is taken care of, you can turn on iMessage and FaceTime.
Is my Apple ID my email?
When creating an Apple ID, enter your email address. This email address is your Apple ID and the username you will use to sign in to Apple services such as Apple Music and iCloud. It is also the contact email address for your account.
How do I get rid of iPhone verification required?
How to fix the “Confirmation Required” message on your iPhone
- Open Settings and tap your name at the top.
- Tap iTunes & App Store → Tap Apple ID → View Apple ID. For iOS 15: Tap Media & Purchases → View Account.
- [Tap Manage Payments.
- Tap Edit in the upper right corner → tap the red minus icon → tap Delete → tap Remove from Popup.
How can I reset my security question on Gmail?
Standard Gmail Recovery Procedure
- Go to the Gmail sign-in page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the last password you remember. If you cannot remember, click Try Another Question.
- Enter the spare email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to receive the password reset email.
How do you reset your security questions on outlook?
Change your security question.
- Click here to access Office 365.
- When prompted, enter your email address and password.
- Select the Change link next to the security question.
- [Select Select New Question and choose a new question from the drop-down list.
- Enter your new answer and click “Save Answer.
How do I find out my security question?
For example, an appropriate security question will generate an answer like this
- Secure: Cannot be inferred or investigated.
- Stable: do not change over time.
- Memorable: Easily recalled.
- Simple: accurate, simple, and consistent.
- Many: Many possible answers.
What is your security question?
Security questions are used to verify a user’s identity on password-protected sites. A security question is a question used to verify an individual’s identity on a password-protected network or website. Typically, the user selects one of many biographical questions to answer when creating an online account.
How do I remove app encryption password?
To remove your app password: 1. Go to the App Password page. You will see a list of the apps for which you created an app password. Next to the app for which you want to remove access, click Delete.
How do you unlock a password protected File?
For Funtouch OS 3.0 and higher version: Go to Settings>Fingerprint, face and password(Face and password)(Fingerprints and passwords)(Security)>Privacy and app encryption>Change passwords to secure your file passwords.
Where is private safe?
Use Private Safe. To create a shortcut on the homescreen, go to [Settings] > [ Security] > [Enter the passcode for Private Safe and Private Safe to enable the Home screen shortcut. If you are using a fingerprint lock, this will also open Private Safe.
What happens when your Apple ID is locked?
First, you will need to unlock the device and change the password in order to regain full access to the device. To unlock the device, you can use two-factor authentication, a recovery key, or the IFORGOT service. Change the password for your account and check to see if security warnings and alerts are still displayed.
Why has Apple locked my account?
If your account has been disabled for security reasons If you receive one of the following messages, your Apple ID has been automatically locked for security reasons and you cannot sign in to Apple services This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.
Can Apple unlock my iPhone?
Apple cannot unlock the iPhone for use with another carrier. Only the carrier can unlock the iPhone.
Why does it take 2 weeks to recover Apple ID?
For security reasons, it may take several days or more before you can use your account again. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it is important so that you can keep your account and information secure. Please try to reset your password before beginning the recovery waiting period for your account.
Why do I have to wait 27 days to reset my Apple ID password?
For security reasons, it may take several days or more before you can use your account again. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it is important so that you can keep your account and information secure. Try resetting your password before starting the recovery waiting period for your account.
Why does it take 3 days to reset Apple password?
Answer: A: If you were able to sign in using your password, the automated password recovery is usually canceled. The reason it takes 3 days is because Apple uses an automated system to provide greater security.
What phone number is 800 275 2273?
Call Apple Support immediately at 1 (800) 275-2273.
Where is iPhone security settings?
Go to Settings > Face ID & PassCode (on iPhones with Face ID) or Touch ID & PassCode (on iPhones with Home button). When prompted, enter the 4-digit passcode. Under Permissions for locked sections, review the options and select those that can be displayed on the lock screen.
How do I turn off two factor authentication?
Turn off 2-step verification
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app Google on your device. Manage Google Accounts.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under Sign in to Google, tap 2-step verification. You may need to sign in.
- Tap on it.
- Turn off tapping to verify.